13.2.06

my fascination.

the family went to a wedding together ( like finally its the complete set of the four of us ) yesterday. afterwhich a visit to the Grans. and for once too we decided on taking the bus instead of the MRT, for the simplest reason that there'll be a higher guarantee for seats. and the day was so fine the sky such a clear blue, i couldnt resist taking a few. pardon the blurrness yeahh ;]

check out those lines!

are we at the airport?

if only we're that near to those cotton candies.

i like how this turned out :)
_____

caught Whale Rider last night on Central. the movie that gave the Oscars the youngest contender ever for Best Actress (Drama). Keisha Castle- Hughes. and because of that, i really wanted to see for myself, how good she really was. and yes, she deserved every bit of the nomination :)

and the movie, for me, was so quietly and subtly moving that it caught me off my guard. really didnt expect it to turn out that way. i mean, you kind of expected it but to see that it actually happened was like, woah. and it was a celebration of embracing changes, that changes to the norms are not always a bad thing.

also, that being domineering and hard does not always make you a great leader. what actually makes a leader more respected is that he can lead even with grace and quiet dignity. you dont need to be forceful or strict to make people listen to you. most times, gentleness is what moves people.

and Keisha reminds me so much of Naima! the winner of America's Next Top Model Cycle 4. dont ask me why, haha. and she's soo adorable! and of course sucha brilliant young talent. now im gonna get the novel of the same name, by Witi Ihimaera :)

Wise leader, forgive me. I am only a fledgling new to flight.

No comments: